VENADO. White & Blue
Out of stock
· Ethically sourced from Tenancingo, Mexico
· 100% Handmade in a family workshop
· 135 x 52 cm (plus fringes)
· 100% Cotton
Made from soft cotton, this Mexican rebozo is perfect for those who prefer a non-bulky short scarf or neckerchief. Great for fashion lovers, it can be worn by men or women alike.
A must-have accessory, perfect teamed up with jeans, summery dresses or skirts. The bright colours will cheer-up any outfit and make you look extraordinary!
Handwoven in a traditional Spanish foot-treadle loom, the pattern is made using an ikat technique of tying and dyeing. The fringes are finished off by tying or knotting the threads, all by hand. Small rebozos have a thread count of 3,800. A single rebozo can take 10 artisans up to 30 days to make.
Rebozos are not just scarves, they are unique, non-mass produced works of art. Non-disposable fashion, for those who care how their clothes are made.
Our mission is to play a small role in preserving these traditions for future generations by trading directly with the artisans, paying a fair price and donating 50% of all our profits back to the community.
· Hand wash recommended in cold water.
· If you must, machine wash in gentle cycle. No tumble-drier, lay flat to dry, away from sunlight. Do not wring.
· Because rebozos are entirely hand made, very small imperfections may occur from time to time, however this is part of the charm!