PALOMO. White and blue
· Ethically sourced from Tenancingo, Mexico
· 100% Handmade in a family workshop
· 200 x 75 cm (plus fringes)
· 100% Cotton
· Other uses: table runner, throw, bed runner
Made in a traditional ikat pattern in old lace white and midnight blue. The fringes are delicately by hand.
Made from super soft cotton, this Mexican rebozo is perfect as an oversized scarf, pashmina or wrap. The cotton is thick, lush and ultra soft. It looks and feels luxurious and elegant, but can also be worn as a daily accessory. Perfect for chilly evenings and unpredictable weather changes!
This one is a truly luxurious piece, if you’re looking for an alternative table runner or at the foot of a bed with the fringes hanging on each side, large rebozos are the most unique and fun you’ll get!
Handwoven in a traditional Spanish foot-treadle loom, the fringes are finished off by tying or knotting the threads, all by hand. A single rebozo may require up to 1,000 knots. Large rebozos have a thread count of over 5,000 threads. A single rebozo can take 10 artisans up to 30 days to make.
Rebozos are not just scarves, they are unique, non-mass produced works of art. Non-disposable fashion, for those who care how their clothes are made.
Our mission is to play a small role in preserving these traditions for future generations by trading directly with the artisans, paying a fair price and donating 50% of all our profits back to the community.
· Hand wash recommended in cold water
· If you must, machine wash in gentle cycle. No tumble-drier, lay flat to dry, away from sunlight. Do not wring.
· Because rebozos are entirely hand made, very small imperfections may occur from time to time, however this is part of the charm!
Gift wrap available here: http://www.mexicanrebozos.co.uk/product/gift-wrapping-service