LISO. Old Lace White
· Ethically sourced from Tenancingo, Mexico
· 100% Handmade in a family workshop
· 160 x 68 cm (plus fringes)
· 100% Cotton
· Other uses: table runner, throw, bed runner
· Our most popular rebozo size
Made from super soft cotton, this Mexican rebozo is perfect as a scarf, pashmina or wrap. The cotton is pure, lush and ultra soft. It looks and feels luxurious and elegant, but it's also perfect for everyday wear.
Handwoven in a traditional Spanish foot-treadle loom, the fringes are finished by tying or knotting the threads, all by hand. A single rebozo may require up to 1,000 knots. Rebozos have a thread count of 3,800 to 5,000 threads. A single rebozo can take 10 artisans up to 30 days to make.
Rebozos are not just scarves, they are unique, non-mass produced works of art. Non-disposable fashion, for those who care how their clothes are made.
Our mission is to play a small role in preserving these traditions for future generations by trading directly with the artisans, paying a fair price and donating 50% of all our profits back to the community.
· Hand wash recommended.
· If you must, machine wash in gentle cycle. No tumble-drier, lay flat to dry, away from sunlight. Do not wring.
· Because rebozos are entirely hand made, very small imperfections may occur from time to time, however this is part of the charm!